1965 Fender Stratocaster with green guard!
Again a very nice and early '65 Fender L series Stratocaster. It has a beautiful 3 tone sunburst and a desired mint green guard. It's in an overall good condition with some wear on the back of the body and the neck. I believe that 1965 stands out as an great year for Stratocasters due to their remarkable sound and playability, and this guitar delivers those qualities without a doubt. The neck is dated Feb 1965 and all 3 pots are dated week 5 of 1965. The pick-ups are dated April 1965. The neck has the classic Fender carve with a slightly thicker profile. The original grey bottom pickups are very lively and have that classic Strat sparkle that made these guitars so famous. The guitar is re-fretted and had a 5 way switch, original 3 way switch is back on. The weight is perfect with 3,4 kg.
Comes in it's original case, trem arm and bridge plate.
- Original alder body in 3-tone Sunburst
- Small pre cbs headstock & transition logo
- One piece maple neck
- Braz Rosewood fingerboard with Pearloid dot inlays
- Professional re-fret
- Original Grey-bottom pickups (5,7k - 6,6k - 5,5k)
- Original pots, original 3 way switch is back on
- Original mint green pick guard (glued tip) & plastics
- Original Kluson "double-line" tuners
- Original steel saddles and trem arm
- Upper strap button is placed a bit lower
- Original Fender Tolex case, black & orange plush interior